Donnerstag, 5. Januar 2017

2017 style vibes - go-to inspirations


Happy new year fellas!
How many of you have already broken some of the resolutions? Well, I haven't yet! :)
One of my new year's resolutions was definitely to put my closet and my go-to outfits in order. I don't know about you but most of the time I try to create a nice outfit for hours and still be uncontent afterwards. To avoid this, I tried to invest a bit more time in the planning beforehand and to build up a solid inspiration base and also try to stick with the capsule wardrobe plan from now on. 

It's always good to know where to get your inspiration from. It would make absolutely no sense for me to copy the style of Kim Kardashian because that's just not me. (Well, you know that copies are not the goal anyway but lemme continue). On the other hand, Rihanna's or Gigi Hadid's style is a better option for me. Okay so here are the conclusions I've come to:

1. Watch and learn
I think a good way to evolve your style is to find your favourite bloggers/ style icons (with a style that is similar to your own) and try to recreate certain outfits. Sometimes I see them wearing very simple outfits and still they look amazing. So you also gotta pay attention to their hairstyle, the accesories or the shoes to find out why the simple outfit is still so convincig. My absolute favourite is definitely Negin Mirsalehi. Other inspirations are Emelie Natascha Lindmark (@emitaz), Gigi Hadid, Kendall Jenner and a lot more.


Negin Mirsalehi

2. Find a slight direction

I'm not saying you should stick to one style but it's good to know where your boundaries are :D. I give you an example: I love Hip Hop and of course you can express this in your style. Nevertheless, baggy pants, crop tops, Nike Air Force, cap and big earrings all together would be too much for me. So I pick some of it and mix it with a more elegant simple style to create my personal optimum. The same would be a mix of grunge and simplicity or sporty-chic.

                                           

3. Invest in timeless pieces

And this is when it comes to the capsule wardrobe: The older we get the more we should distance ourselves from cheap trend pieces and approach the timeless high quality essentials. Not only does it represent a certain elegance and maturity but it also prevents us from a lot of mental breakdowns that we get while searching for the perfect outfit.
We all know the key pieces a wardrobe should have. I may expand it with a good hoodie, a jeans jacket and cargo pants but in general you're good to go with the essentials. 

Check this page for the perfect french wardrobe:
http://www.whowhatwear.co.uk/how-to-five-piece-french-wardrobe

4. Different places, different style

It's crazy how styles change from city to city. When I was in South Africa my style changed completely into flattering dresses with kimonos and a lot more colours. When I was in Amsterdam (personally my favourite street style) I tried to adapt the perfect mix between chic and trendy. Cali has a completely own style and so on. The most popular one is by far the Parisian chic and to be honest I wish I would naturally have this style gene. They just have it all - effortlessly. 

Parisian Chic
Amsterdam Street Style

Cut things short: This year is about trying out stuff, be braver but also classier. Learn what works on you and what doesn't. And don't copy Kylie Jenner please. She's not worth the hype (I'll be more precise about this topic if you want me to).

xx
                                             


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

State your opinion!